Frequently asked questions
A lower price increases scammers, increases hiring competition, and increases low quality employers. We want good employers who care about the people they hire.
Plus, it helps us continue to develop the site so you have a great experience hiring.
We honor our guarantee.
We charge up front so we don't have to mark up salaries. Nobody likes middlemen and unnecessary markups. After you try it we think you'll agree.
It's built right in. No account required. Simple and easy.
You could also use Paypal or Worldremit or Transferwise. We don't really care how you pay the people you hire. You don't have to pay them through us.
How much you pay them is dependent on how much you negotiate with them before you hire them.
- We don't take a cut of worker salaries
- We don't mark up worker salaries
- We don't get in between your communication with your worker
- We don't force you to pay your workers through us
- Upwork encourages short-term, temporary work. We encourage long-term permanent work. Businesses tend to succeed better without 100% turnover.